Friday, May 23, 2008

Senior Citizens..........ugh.

Damn it I can't wait to move away from Victoria. It's common knowledge that I'm not a patient guy at the best of times. But today got to me for some reason. I was really tired from not sleeping well and training hard. Anyway Vic is a big tourist city, lots of asian tourists who cross the road like ducks.......... one at a time all in a line. Victoria is also the retirement capital of Canada which means lots of senior citizens. To get to my house I have to drive past Parliament and some other big tourist attractions, and I live in the part of the city with the highest amount of elderly. So what should take 10 minutes to drive home takes 40 because of the huge number of pedestrian traffic compounded by the fact that there is a crosswalk every hundred feet. I went to the Thrifty's near my house to get some groceries on the way home and found it full of white-haired, slow-moving old people. Now I am a respectful guy and will go out of my way to help an elderly person. But I had barely got in the door when an old man ran over my foot in his electric cart. And what pissed me off was he didn't notice and just kept on going.

After 30 minutes of dodging senile customers to get chicken, tuna, oatmeal, snack bars, yogurt, milk, cereal, and bread I finally made it to the checkout line, albeit dodging the odd senior driving their motorized cart like the late Dale Earnhardt. All I want to do is pay for this stuff, get an americano from starbucks and go home and chill. But then the fire alarm goes off. The tills shut down, the automatic doors stop working, and everything comes to a grinding halt. We are asked to evacuate the store. F!#$(%& hell! I just drop my little basket of goods and leave before I disconnect someone's oxygen. And it's like that EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Man that posting message can't come soon enough.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awwwww....baby....are old people getting to you. When we're old and gray we'll ride around and run over peoples feet too.....on purpose ;) I love you